Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rockin Smockin Pillow Class at CHA

 It was a Rockin Smockin good time with Westcott at CHA a week ago. We taught a great group of ladies how to smock a round pillow using a square pillow form. It might sound a little odd but it worked. I need to send out a big Thank you to Fairfield, Moda Fabrics and Prym Dritz as they donated the pillow forms, the wonderful Pat Sloan designed fabric, the needles, buttons and more.

Have you seen these gorgeous prints yet? Eat your Fruits and Veggies by Pat Sloan. The ladies in class had a difficult time choosing just one for their pillow design. Yummy!
Here is Patt Bell, a dear friend and fellow designer who helped during class. Yes, that was the pattern we used to transfer all of our smocking dots to the back of the fabric.
Did I mention that we used the World's Favorite Scissors during class? To add to the fun during class, Brenda from Westcott drew names for additional Westcott product giveaways.
   
Here's Brenda demonstrating the official Rockin Smockin technique to one of our participants. 

Yes, I was in class as well. The difference between Brenda's technique and mine is that apparently I like to stand to demonstrate. 

 All smocked and ready to go. 

 The finished pillow

I hope you enjoyed a peek into my latest class at CHA. I will be teaching locally at Berger's Sewing Center on August 17th. We will be creating slippers from my Boutique Slipper book, which is available at Bergers. Check it out at www.bergersewing.com

Boutique Slippers
Lorine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by I look forward to reading and posting your comments.