Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Making a living playing with dolls!

If you would have asked me a few years back if I could possibly make a living writing books about doll clothes, I would have laughed. Yes; it is true that I was one of those children who created clothing for my one doll out of old socks, old clothes, even fashioning a costume made out of leaves and sticks one time but paying bills while playing with fabric and dolls. No way..... It just goes to show that if you can think to imagine it - you can make it happen. Of course designing clothes for dolls is not the only item I work on at a time but my new book brings the total to seven pattern packs and three books on doll clothes. You can imagine I have quite the collection of clothes at this point and with no grandchildren or small children in my life at this moment I am quite the hit with my friend's children. My last Christmas party involved bringing out a box of dolls and a wide variety of clothes and the three youngsters attending the party were totally involved in dressing and undressing the dolls. What a life!




2 comments:

  1. Hey guys,

    You have provided a very good site to knowing about doll clothes. These are highly popular and are in demand by kids throughout the world, each items has a variety of sizes and colours for a given style...

    18 Doll Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! I know what I'm making my granddaughters for Christmas. I have seen your sewing patterns for 5" Berenguer dolls and they are so cute! Where can I buy them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by I look forward to reading and posting your comments.