Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sullivans, The Cutting Edge Video

The Sullivans Book Project

I recently posted a video to YouTube where I demonstrate the  Sullivans, The Cutting Edge cutting system while creating a paper project. I am not known for my paper projects however have sold many designs before focusing my energy and design skills to the fabric arts. This however was a good fit as I am very familiar with a rotary cutter, cutting mat and ruler system, having used them for years in my fabric projects. I quickly came up with a project and filmed the video.
The main reason I was interested in the video project was that Sullivans, The Cutting Edge offers a unique twist to the traditional three part cutting system. Each of the rulers comes with an embedded sharpening blade along its edge. As you  run the rotary cutter along the ruler it sharpens the blade. This is a wonderful for a couple of reasons, #1 it saves money as replacing dull blades can be expensive and #2 we now have the ability to change between fabric and paper without worrying about dulling our blades. With the Mixed Media craze right now, crossing between the two mediums does not require separate tools. Anyone who works with fabric has had the talk with their family members. Do Not Touch my cutting tools. There was no excuse great enough to get a pass on this one. I will admit now that I have discovered this system and the ability to cross between mediums the rules have not changed in my house. Why change the rules mid way through the game.
I will be posting the complete instructions for the book project very soon. In the meantime please check out the video, I would love to hear your thoughts.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhgMlEPf6sg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by I look forward to reading and posting your comments.